Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ideas and themes for jewellery....

I've had a few ideas on pieces of jewellery I'd like to make based on themes I have floating around in my mind, not fully formed, but getting there.  I love myths and legends, they are something that I purposefully scoured book shops and the Internet for in the past, so once I've collected all the elements I need, I'll get working on it =)  

I have a bracelet that I dreamed up, I guess if you spend hours and hours looking at beads and findings, you'll start to dream about them.  The whole theme of the bracelet was based upon geisha head lampwork beads that I came across and bought.  Sounds weird I know, but the idea of black butterflies, pearls and a collection of other beads that's colours played off the main focal beads really did work in the end.  I made the bracelet a bit on the large side, as I don't like my bracelets too fitted, especially heavier ones, I like them to kind of drape as it were.
 
Well here's a pic of it, I just dug out, so you can have a look at it for yourself =)

No comments:

Post a Comment